Law governing NICT
Rules governing the attribution of domain names on the Internet are both simplistic, in terms of reservation, and complex in terms of the strategy to be adopted.
- Conduct of availability searches for domain names and trademarks, where applicable.
- Registration of domain names on the Internet, regardless of the zone selected (.COM, .FR, .EU, etc.).
- Provision of advice for reservation strategy.
- Changes to domain names.
- Comparison of trademark portfolios and domain names.
The law is designed to counter cybersquatting; in case of a breach, rapid and effective action must be undertaken.
- Depending upon the breaches observed, we will analyze and recommend potential solutions for the discontinuation of these breaches.
- Where possible, we will negotiate with counterfeiters.
- We can represent you in alternative procedures for the settlement of disputes involving domain names (arbitration procedures conducted through the offices of the WIPO Arbitration Centre, the SYRELLI procedure before the AFNIC, extra-judicial proceedings before the Czech Court of Arbitration).
Legal framework governing Internet sites and electronic communications:
Verification of the conformity of Internet sites with the terms of regulations
- Statutory references
- General conditions of use
- Confidentiality policies
Statutory obligations governing personal data
- Declaration to the CNIL (French national commission for data processing and civil liberties)
- Auditing of the management of personal data
- Conformity of electronic communications
with software maintenance contract.