Designations of origin
Designations of origin or geographical information in general, will constitute a guarantee of the geographical origin of a given product, providing an assurance to the consumer of quality, expertise and the application of a traditional production method for the region concerned.
Accordingly, these designations represent a key element of validation for the products which benefit from their application.
While the protection of designations of origin is highly-developed and well-known in the wine-making and cheese-making sectors, this protection is frequently less familiar and less advanced in other sectors, including fabrics, fruits and vegetables, cuisine or even tobacco.
- Constitution of documentation and filing of applications for geographical indications with French and EU authorities.
- Filing of collective trademark registrations for France and the EU.
- Deployment of a global defence strategy for geographical indications
- Association of the defence of geographical indications with brand strategy
- Initiation of actions against any misuse of designations.